David SpavenRail and Sustainable Transport Consultant
areas of expertise
- Railways – history, feasibility, development
- Freight modal shift from road to rail
- Communication, presentation and media
David has spent his working life in and around the rail industry, with a particular emphasis on feasibility studies and market research for freight modal switch – and in parallel has developed an extensive track record in communication and presentation across a variety of media. He has made hundreds of radio and TV appearances, and has had articles published over many years in the mainstream press and specialist journals. He has also written eight books on the geography, history and politics of railways – two of them award-winners.
Among the communication and presentation skills which David offers are:
- High-quality report writing, targeted on individual client and audience needs
- Polished presentations, designed to get the message across clearly and succinctly
- Skilled editing of reports, articles and other communication materials
- Narration and presentation of video clips promoting your products and services.
As a non car-owner who gets around by bus, foot and train, David has a strong user perspective and a particular eye for detail and for qualitative issues.